Benefits of Lymphatic Drainage
Lymphatic drainage is a unique technique with many exciting benefits. The lymphatic system is a one-way path from the interstitial tissues to the circulatory system. The treatment is a non-invasive, natural healthcare treatment for prevention and can augment traditional healthcare by treating the following:
- Stimulates your immune system by increasing the flow of fluid to your the lymph nodes
- Helps to reduce edema through the movement of body fluid
- Eliminates waste from body tissues
- Stimulates circulation
- Treatments activate the parasympathetic nervous system helping you relax
- Circulation stimulation
- Can help with muscle spasms and pain relief
Treatment is performed in a similar way to a massage. The room will be private, warm and comfortable for a maximum relaxation experience. Positioning may be different depending on the body area being treated and the specific treatment protocol.
The full body treatment uses the 5 element Phyto5 body and face products. All products used are natural and use plant-based ingredients combined with essential oils. Learn more about their products here.
Phyto5 Traditional Chinese Medicine 5-element face product line corresponds to the seasons. Each season will be using a different element, with in-between seasons using earth.
Treatment options include:
Full body session (1-2 hours)- $120-$200*
Facial (1 hour)- $90
Full body with facial (2.5 hours)- $250
**Message us for New Client rates!
What Exactly Does Our Lymphatic System Do?
There are three primary functions of the lymphatic system:
- Produce, maintain and distribute lymphocytes which defend the body against infection
- Facilitate excess interstitial fluid movement from the tissues to the blood. The movement of this fluid helps our bodies maintain normal blood volume while also preventing the development of edema.
- Transport nutrients, hormones, lipids, and waste products from the tissue to the veins of the circulatory system.
Hydration & Nutrition
In preparation for your session, clients are encouraged to drink lots of water for two days leading up to the scheduled session. It is also important to eat lightly on the day of your appointment, both before and after your session.
Sample of Reasons for Scheduling Lymphatic Drainage:
Chronic Venous insufficiency
Inflammatory joint disease
Chronic Fatigue syndrome
Pregnancy Stretch Marks
Possible Causes of a Blocked Lymphatic System
Lack of exercise
Exposure to heavy metals and/or toxins