Janet Matthies is the primary staff and founder of Infinity Flexibility. She is a Boston-based Integrative Bodyworker, specializing in strength and flexibility.
Since 2002, she has worked with highly disciplined adults, teens, and children who depend upon physical dexterity for their work or their chosen lifestyle. Most of them were working through injuries, pain, or lack of strength and flexibility.
People call her the ‘Crazy Stretching Lady’ because of her unconventional way of combining Traditional Chinese Medicine theory and yoga with western resistance training. Janet started on this path when she saw children getting injured in school sports programs due to a lack of knowledge about flexibility and strength training. Over the years, she’s helped many athletes and other active people improve their performance, gain confidence, and eliminate injury permanently from their lives.
- Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT)
- Meridian Flexibility System Training
- Innovative Body Solutions/Ki-Hara Method
- Meridian Yoga Partner Stretching w/Thai/Shiatsu Techniques
- Private Shamanic Training
- Shiatsu Training level 1 @ Ohashi Institute, NYC
- BarSculpt Teacher Training – Training Level
- West Coast Pilates National Certification
- Orthopedic Massage 5 Day Workshop
- Nationally Certified West Coast Pilates instructor
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- Contemporary Cupping Methods
- Zen Bodytherapy®
- Phyto5 Lymphatic Drainage/Facial Treatments
Available Treatments include:
- Deep Tissue Muscle “Mashing”
- Swedish Relaxation Massage
- Zen Bodytherapy
- Thai Herbal Ball massage
- Exfoliating back treatment using products designed specifically for your body
- New treatments being added regularly!
BLOG WRITER/ WEBSITE EDITOR / SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
Emma manages the back-end of Infinity including social media, website content, blog writing, and email marketing. For Emma, creating content is about telling a story. Her quest for stories has been a defining force in her life. She graduated from Skidmore College with a Bachelors’s in Anthropology and a passion for the cultures of the world. She traveled far in an attempt to see and meet as many of the world’s peoples as she could. These adventures only further ingrained her love of stories.
In 2020, Janet and Emma started working together to revamp Infinity’s online presence. Read some of their collaborative blog posts on Infinity’s blog page.
Emma is a certified 200-hour yoga instructor who, in addition to managing content for Infinity, teaches a regular yoga class and creates easy-to-follow videos for Infinity’s clients. Check out some of her videos on our Instagram!
IT & Public Relations
Co-owner of Infinity Bodywork, without whom this whole endeavor would not be possible. Eric assists with all group class training, special events, and private training. He is also responsible for business administration, IT, and public relations. In the summer of 2014, Eric helped to produce our first videos for clients to reference on our YouTube Channel. Eric has experienced personally how valuable resistance flexibility and strength training, Pilates and massage can be for your improving quality of life. Eric is an avid outdoorsman and loves gardening, hunting, fishing, hiking, canoeing, and snowshoeing.